Russell Brand claimed to have had an “extraordinary and distressing week” following accusations on charges of rape, sexual assault, and emotional abuse.
In a video released to his social media sites on Friday, the comedian expressed gratitude to his fans for “questioning the information that [they] have been presented with” recently.
It’s unclear, though, what “information” he was referring to when he posted his video.
Brand then went on to rage about censorship, citing his suspension from making money on YouTube as a result of the claims.
“By now, you’re probably aware that the British government has asked big tech platforms to censor our online content. Some online platforms have complied with that request,” he said by stating that the Online Safety Bill has been restricting web content.
“I also don’t imagine that you’ve heard of the trusted news initiative and now, as often is the case when a word like trusted is used as part of an acronym to describe an unelected body, trust is the last thing you should be offering,” he continued.
“The trusted news initiative is a collaboration between big tech and legacy media organizations to target, patrol, choke, and shut down independent media organizations.”
He then asked fans to follow him on Rumble and watch his show on a free speech platform.
Brand’s statements came after four women came forward last week, alleging that the 48-year-old sexually abused them during the peak of his career.
The incidents, which allegedly occurred between 2006 and 2013, were detailed in a Sunday Times exposé as well as a Channel 4 Dispatchers TV special.
One of the victims claimed in 2012 that the actor raped her — allegedly without a “condom” — “against a wall” in his Los Angeles house.
She apparently confronted Brand about the issue through text message, telling him, “When a girl says [NO], it means no.”
He apparently responded, “Very sorry.” The report included screenshots of the alleged texts. The woman reportedly provided medical records indicating that she visited a rape facility the day following the alleged assault.
Meanwhile, a second lady claimed she was only 16 when Brand, then 31, allegedly abused her.
She said she and the “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” actor were in an “emotionally abusive and controlling” three-month relationship that ended when she allegedly discovered him cheating on her with another woman.
Previously, Brand allegedly “forced his penis down her throat” until she gagged. According to the story, she had to strike him to get him to stop.
Two other women also said that Brand, who was married to Katy Perry from 2010 to 2012, sexually assaulted them.
However, before the report was even published, Brand angrily refuted the charges.
“Amidst this litany of astonishing, rather baroque attacks, are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute,” he said in a video, before claiming that all of the relationships were “consensual.”
Several alarming old films of the comedian discussing rape and young minors have reappeared online since the shocking revelation was released.
The comedian informed a young female in a 2007 footage from his BBC radio show, “The Russell Brand Show,” that she should plan a sex-themed 16th birthday party because she was reaching the legal age of consent in the UK.
He also advised her to hold a masked ball since it is “erotic but in a suppressed, suitable way for a 16-year-old girl.”
Brand stated in another startling interview from 2013 that he “raped someone once” and then “killed her after.”
Brand also joked about the ancient Greeks having sex with youngsters in the same interview, which has since been removed from the internet.
Recently, another lady said that Brand previously exposed himself to her at work.
The lady, who requested anonymity, claimed that Brand “pulled out his flaccid penis on his hand and served it to [her] as if you would be serving someone some food” while cornering her in a lavatory.